About Hearing Aids
What can a hearing aid do?
- Make sound louder
- Make speech easier to understand in most situations
- Help you hear certain pitches better, such as high - pitched consonant sounds (s, t, f and sh)
- Enable you to participate more fully in life's activities
What can't a hearing aid do?
- Restore normal hearing
- Deliver the ability to hear speech perfectly when competing sounds are present
- Transform distorted sound into clear sound
- Allow you to hear only what you want to hear